Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure IQ mismatch using a Vector Network Analyzer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iq mismatch

How to measure IQ mismatch using a Vector Network Analyzer?
I have a Agilent 89600.
Any tips, thanks

what is iq mismatch

Agilent 89600 is not a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA). Is a Vector Signal Analyzer (VSA).

I/Q gain imbalance results in an asymmetric constellation, and I/Q offset errors result in a constellation whose center is offset from the reference center.

The best way to verify most I/Q impairments is to magnify the scale of the constellation and look at the EVM metrics.

i q mismatch measurement

i noticed some datasheet plots a static I/Q mismatch data, e.g., the static phase error shows that 3sigma phase error is less than 0.5°, or something like that, how can they do that?

i q mismatch

But EVM can be affected by any other factor,such as nonlinear...IQ unbanlance result in DC offset ,and can be shown in constellation..

Added after 3 minutes:

it can be got by 9dB surplus compaired to P_1dB for nonlinear component

Added after 2 minutes:

if you want EVM less than 0.5°

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back