Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure efficiency of boost converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FvM said:
P3 could be used e.g. for the supply power of a logic gate. But it's not correct to apply an absolute value if the current sign is
changing, I3 = Avg(I(t)) would be correct.

Yeah sure FvM. I used your assumption I3 = Avg(I(t)) which is non other than Iavr (see above).
So now We have P1 = P2 mathematically correct but practically wrong. Which one is correct ?
Frankly, I tell you that I feel a little bit ashamed :oops:

I have to fill a table in which I have to put power consumption results and I dont know which one is the correct.

Please help me decide which power I have to put in my table.

P2 can't be right, because Irms is different from Iavr.

FvM said:
P2 can't be right, because Irms is different from Iavr.

I also found that strange.

FvM said:
Generally not. It's true, if I and V have the same waveform.
Now I understand. Since Vdd and I(t) in my case have not the same variations. P=Irms*Vrms is wrong :D

This article confirm Indirectly your Idea but can mislead others like it does with me.

https://share-the-learning.blogspot.com/2007/05/difference-between-rms-power-and.html

Im now convinced that P1 is the real Power consumtion of my circuit.
Thanks you so much Professor !
Cheers,
Advares.

P1=∫I(t)*V(t)dt=∫I(t)dt * Vdd=Iavr*Vdd=5.9706507734989775E-6 Watt
Im now convinced that P1 is the real Power consumtion of my circuit.
Hi AdvaRes, just a reminder:
∫I(t)dt results in units of [As]. So don't forget to divide by the integration period!

Hi Erikl,
Thanks for the note.
Actually there is no problem at all since I use the ADE calculator average fonction that calculate the average in the time interval of the plot window.

Status
Not open for further replies.