Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to match NC Drill Files with Gerber File

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriptx007

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to match NC Drill File to Gerber File. i m having problem with NC drill file not matching with the gerber. is there any rule or standard to match the NC drill file to Gerber file .

All gerber Layers are pefectly matched , but when i import nc drill file to gerber file all drill holes gets scattered . what may be the prob? . i tried to set NC drill format as equal to Gerber Format . i.e. Integer & decimal (2.3 int/abs/leading/relative origin) . but still getting the same prob. The board is not designed by me. this is third party gerber. usually i set "2.3 int/abs/leading/relative origin" for both gerber & nc drill format when i desing the board . when i design the board & export the gerber with this format , it gets imported properly with all matched layers.

pls share ur thoughts.....

Rohan....

The problem is usually due to the units and/or number of digits before/after the decimal point. I don't there is any guarantee that the units used in the Gerber and the NC drill are the same, let alone the number of digits! Usually you can get a clue from where the holes end up. Measure the spacing of some holes you recognise to see if it is 2.54x the correct spacing or 10x. That should tell you if it is a problem with the units or the number of digits. Sometimes you can also get a shift. There is no easy answer to that. Usually I measure the shift in Gcprevue and then apply an offset to the drill file.

Keith.

thnx for he reply keith.

actually i m not getting shift. My nc drill file is scattered everywhere when i import it in C*AM-350. How to deal with this then.? it it really hard to calculate the NC drill format from gerber.

Rohan.....

As I said, you need to measure the size of the error to decide if it is a problem with units or digits. You should be able to pick two holes which you can identify on the PCB and compare the two. You could post the files here for more detailed help.

Keith

If you use 'File/Import/AutoImport' and then, after selecting the directory, use the 'Next' button on the dialog box.
The files will be loaded and displayed in a dialog box.
You can then use the 'Format' buttons to change the units and match the Drill file to the gerber files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back