Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to manage multi license in linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhustudio

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm_license_file linux

how to manage multi license under linux
i have server license and nodelock license
i must start multi port to support multi server license
and i use lm_license_file to point port and hostname and nodelock license path? is it possible ? or cause a confliction of multitools
i nearly have 5 licenses under linux!

thank u :lol:

lm_license_file howto

If you have some applications (eg m@delsim , HDL D.e.s.i.g.n.e.r, @nac@d)
from the same manufacturer (m@deltech for example )
and you use only one machine ,
you just need to set the LM_LICENSE_FILE and
MGLS_HOME variables .
No need to run a server :)

linux multiple license servers lm_license_file

You can do in either way:

1. start each license individually
lmgrd -c license1.dat
lmgrd -c license2.dat

2. merge the license files together into one big file
lmgrd -c biglicense.dat

Make sure the SERVER line and DAEMON line didn't conflict.

lm_license_file

I think use environment themself first, just like "CDS_LIC_FILE" "SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE" "MGLS_LICENSE_FILE" etc, then use "LM_LICENSE_FILE" but split them with ":".
You can use "LM_LICENSE_FILE" with ":" only.

license management

You are rigth ,

You can use multiple license files and use only LM_LICENSE_FILE to point on them .

For example :
export LM_LICENSE_FILE= path_to_license1.dat:path_to_license2.dat:path_to_license3.dat

My opion is put ur nodelock license in their private enviroment variable's path. And u may put the other nodelock license in the default location.
/usr/local/flexlm/licenses/license.dat Then u dont even set the LM_LICENSE_FILE . For the license server , some of them need to point to the license file , other should point to their port . It seem no good way to do the multi-license. I found the new flexlm version can store the tool's specific license port info in ur home directory as one .xxx log .
There are few tools really need to start license server if u got license from EFAGen. For the hint of the private license enviroment variable ,
u may look the windows's registry path on HK_LM/Software/Flexlm License Manager/ . There are many undocumented license variables have been set here.

I think maybe you could use different port # for each product.

Status
Not open for further replies.