Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make XOR at 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjarlie

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need an electronic component which switches a 24V output signal on/off when it receives a 24V incoming pulse. I already figured out that this basically is an XOR transistor with outgoing signal re-entering it and found a suitable component here.
Now I'm stuck with how I can realize this component such that I can connect wires to it coming from other devices.
- Do I need to make a circuit board (and how can I do this?)
- How do I convert the incoming 24V to 5V and outgoing 5V to 24V? (I didn't find such a thing directly working on 24V...)
- How do I power the component?

Also, I see that there are 5 pins on the XOR component -> I only expected three :-S

Many thanks for helping me out!

Also, I see that there are 5 pins on the XOR component I only expected three :-S
There are 3 pins for logic as you expected, but you probably forgot about powering the component, that's what other two pins are for.

You may want to reconsider using a communication switch for your application. Check **broken link removed**. The IC offers a wide output range supply with a very good input signal consideration. Hope this help. Is this for communication? Have you consider using a direct relay application?:p

If this does not serve your purpose, consider the reducing of the incoming pulse to TTL level using simple divider network. This can feed a monostable which in turn drive a higher voltage driver like Darlington pair.

- How do I convert the incoming 24V to 5V and outgoing 5V to 24V? (I didn't find such a thing directly working on 24V...)

If I may ask - why would you want to take 24V signal down to 5V when you will ultimately need a digital output back at same 24V level? It will help in answering question better if the above did not solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.