Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make the pspice model of Discretes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joes2001

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help!!!
i want to make pspice models of Discretes,for example:2N1205, but i can't find the params,because the parameters from handbooks don't match the pspice model's parameters. how can i do ?

Hi,

Pspice include a "Part Model Editor" wich allows you to enter parameters values from datasheet. The problem is that I have never seen a well document user manual for this software.

If you have a full version of pSpice, you can try to find some information in the user manual, but it's a long work to do to have some interesting results.

i think you can read the pspice model of analogous device. then you try to modify it according to the device you use.
we can get many pspice models from EDA company.
you will find the analogous device from them.

if u r using orcade u can do this:
1-u will put ur discrete components & put them in an schematic file
2-choose ur component & open edit menu & then select edit pspice model
3-these are libraries models u can modify them as u wish, copy them to any netlist file & so on

Hello All,

The Pspice model editor is the best tool to model Discrete devices but
the difficulty is in testing the model for accuracy(ie comparing the graphs obtained from the model created against the datasheet) and for this the test circuits are very important and need to be designed first.

Hope this helps.

A lot of company provide this kind of SPICE model, you could download them and modified as you wish.

i don't really know about this thing. now i know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.