Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make the counter count for every 3 sensed IR in a tachometer design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donrigor

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm planning to build a digital tachometer using IR sensor and counters that can be displayed on 4-seven segment display that counts from 0-9999. Does anybody has an idea on how to make the counter count for every 3 sensed IR.?

tachometer project

hi

always used search function here any way here you go

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

regards
Fragrance

donrigor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
tutorial tachometer

Find here a ready made project kit with the same specifications you need....**broken link removed**

Microcontroller based Tacho meter.
This is an easy-to-make photoelectric based tachometer project for measuring the RPM (revolution per minute) of rotating shaft, shop-floor tools and many household machines without any mechanical or electrical interface. The circuit employs AT89C2051 microcontroller as the main controller. Some of the major components used in the circuit are CA3140 operational amplifier, ULN2003 current buffer and KLQ564 4-digit, 7-segment display

building own tacho

Thanks a lot for the idea sir! But i don't know anything about microcontroller. I'm planning to use logic gates. Is there any circuit about logic gates online?

7 segment tachometer

You are most welcome donrigor. The kit mentioned in my last post will come with a pre-programmed microcontroller. You'll not have to worry about writing the codes. Just use the micro as you use an IC and get the project working. They also provide assembled and tested projects. Enquire them about your needs. Goodluck.

micro controller based tachometer

That's certainly how it used to be done. Possibly it may take less effort to learn uC programming than do it all with discreet logic. Just a thought!

tachometer ccs

OK. maybe i'll try to learn uC, but is there are any books online that i can use or any tutorial? can i learn uC in two weeks?

tachometer microcontroller

Something like Proteus would be ideal for you. You could simulate virtual uCs displays etc without constucting any hardware. Problem is this facility is not available on the free version. Maybe someone can suggest an alternative. If there is, you could write code in Basic, C etc, and load the generated code into the simulator to test. Good way to learn.

donrigor

how to make a tachometer

Google for "Proteus VSM". Seems to be a trial available. Current version is around 7.xx

microcontroller based tachometers

Thanks a lot guys! you all helped me! i guess this a good start here in edaboard.
By the way, Which is good fora beginner BASIC or C?

make a tachometer

C can be a bit frustrating to learn at times, but ultimately the better option. Probably the best approach is to learn Basic first, then if you get into it, progress to C. Pic chips are common and cheap, with a good range of compilers for most variants. Pic Basic Pro and CCS C come to mind. I think you may be able to get cut down free versions. If not, there are a number free one available. I think if you go down this road, you will find it much the preferred option in future designs. Software is flexible, hardware usually not.

tachometer.gif

without microcontroller It will be a very tedious job better to learn microcontroller, start it from PIC microcontrollers

details of microcontroller based tachometer

you can use 89c2051 much cheaper than PIC controllers, & is perfect for this application

89c2051 tachometer project

Good luck with your project, keep asking questions. You may be better off starting with Pic series chips, as there are probably more free tools available for these. Your choice of course, best to do a bit of reading first.

preferred tachometer

I'am now starting with CCS C. I'm experimenting with lt. What should I write in the code to have an input of logic 1 or 0 and also for the output of logic 1 or 0?

make a tachometer

Check out some of the included example ccs files.
Initially give pins names as per example file.

#include <16f648A.h>
#use delay(clock=4000000)
#fuses INTRC_IO,WDT,NOPROTECT,PUT,MCLR,NOLVP,BROWNOUT

// Outputs
#define Direction PIN_A2
#define Motor PIN_A3
#define Status PIN_A6
#define SolIn PIN_A7
#define SolOut PIN_A0
#define TLight PIN_A1

//Inputs
#define Progtime PIN_A4
#define PP PIN_B0
#define Operate PIN_B1
#define Raise PIN_B2
#define UpLimit PIN_B3
#define Fire PIN_B4
#define SafeStop PIN_B5
#define Safety PIN_B6
#define DownLimit PIN_B7

To write to PinA3(Motor)
output_high(Motor); "this is HIGH"
output_low(Motor); "This is LOW"

To read same pin
if (input(Motor)) "Do something"; "Reads HIGH Input)

if (!input(Motor)) "Do something"; "Reads LOW Input)

Note the ! for reading low inputs, miss out for high.

You need to do a fair bit of reading the help files.

donrigor

+tachometer +turbine +ir +engine +diy

I've tried some of the codes. Yeah it was good!

klq564 7-segment display

donrigor said:
can i learn uC in two weeks?

depends on your ability...
I have some 8051 interface tutorials published at:

**broken link removed**

enjoy learning microcontrollers...

:D

donrigor

microcontroller based tacho meter.

After looking at this code seems that this tach is capable of reading up to 99,999 rpms. Am I correct in my assumption, if so that would be great because i am trying to make a tachometer for my diy jet engine and would like to know my turbine speed for safety reasons

information microcontroller based tachometer

donrigor said:
Does anybody has an idea on how to make the counter count for every 3 sensed IR.?
That means you have to use two counters. One that counts 00 01 10 (and 11 reset to 00 again). After that you connects the main counter.

donrigor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back