Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make simple board at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, how can i make PCB board at home?
and what i will need for this?

i have searched google, found some manuals there, but they all differ, and i cannot find any online store where i could buy components or complete Kit for production of boards at home. (there are a lot selling components, and parts but not the board production Kits for home use) please help me, i am novice in this field.

thanks in advance:D

Check edaboard how to make PCB
there are some posts. I will not reply here not to repeate things already said. Make a search if still yoyou need help ask

The easiest way to make a home made board is to have a UN light, an iron, a printer and the necessary solution for the pcb.

You buy the PCB from the market. You have your design ready in gerber format. You print it with blank ink in highest quality to the printer. You repeat the same procedure two or three times, in order to create thich black lines on the paper. For Paper you use a transparency not a normal paper.
Now you put it under the UV light and you expose it in order to keep the metal lines and get rid of the rest of the metal. You wash the pcb with the chemicals need it for this stage and you have your PCB almost ready. Take a small dremmel and put holes according to the specs you have on your design, trying not to harm the metal contacts.

Your home made PCB is ready and awaiting the hardware to be fit it!

D.

thanks dkace,

but problem is i dont know where to buy chemicals, UN light etc... we have no such markets, so i must buy it in online shop...but which one?...

I don't know where you are located, but you will sure have a practical electronics magazine in you country, or a place that sells electronics where you can ask. UV light bulb you can easily find in the bulb market - McDonalds use it for keeping the fries warm! - and you need corosive to the pcb metal chemicals.

Before giong online, try to ask at your town market, you will see that you can find any quality of these materials.

D.

I forgot about this topic, I have read it back then!

It is either iron or UV light and for the method I suggest is deffinetely iron! Check the link, is all you need for this application.

D.

Usually, the basic way to do it is for 2 layers:

1. put a thin layer of photoresist on your board and let it dry
2. insulate the 2 sides with your top and bottom films (can be laser printed transparent slide)
3. use of chemicals to reveal your board
4. use of chemicals to etch your borad where copper is naked
5. use of chemicals to strip the photoresist
6. done!

In case you prefer to stay away from this hassle, just use www.tom-ic.com PCB & BOM services.

Hope this helps,

Tomic

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

Hi,

Check this site also,

**broken link removed**

Regards

Ramesh

you may use perfboards.. cheap and easy to solder.. No need of expensive tooling and harmful chemicals.. all you need is some single core wire and soldering equipment..

ther's another possibility: with small cnc made home , with it you can make fiducial drill (if double-face)this are 2 or 3 hole 3mm or 4mm where you put pegs,drill holes (in every diameter), after witha cutter mills contour of traks, and erase all copper, after you rotate pcb on pegs and make other contours and erase copper. the cnc can made with poor material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back