Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make pin numbers visible in OrCAD 9.2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
How to make pin numbers visible in OrCAD 9.2?

Pin number visibility in OrCAD 9.2

Colleagues,

When a new custom schematic part is created in OrCAD 9.2 there is a dialog that asks for part properties such as designator, PCB footprint, name etc. On this same dialog there is a check box “Pin Number Visible”. How can I open this dialog for an existing part and change the properties :?:

In particular, I want to take an existing rotary switch part from the Discrete library, add more pins to it, change the pin numbers and make them visible. I can’t make the pin numbers visible, because “Pin Number Visible” was unchecked, when the part was created by OrCAD staff.

Cheers,
Nick

hi Nick,
you goto spreadsheet>>footprints.
then in the table select the full column for the pin that you want to edit, on right clicking the same you will get an edit pad interface where you can edit the pin name number and other properties .

hope that it will help you.

Ricky

Save the part in new library
In that library select one pin double click on it and set visible.

Hello fellow Californian, or as Arnie say it Calli-fornian

I have 10.3 but I think it was the same back in 9.2.

Open the schematic highlight the part that you want to change. Right click select edit part. Make the changes to the number of pins you want - add pins, rename etc... (you could also do this in the library and not from the schematic). On the top go to options and click on "part property". When the window comes on scroll down and high light "pin names visible" . Below in the same small window will be a selector True or False.. just select True and you should be good.

Regrads

dfullmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back