Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO MAKE PC VOLTAGES AND MICROCONTROLLER VOLTAGES SAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

oister

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
am new to microcontroller.i have been assigned a project of calculator.i am stuck on one thing that when i have to give input through keyboard to microcontroller my pc voltages and 8051 microcontroller voltages are not same.so what device i must use in between them to make my pc and microntroller voltages same.do i have to use voltage converter.please elaborate.thank u.

Re: HOW TO MAKE PC VOLTAGES AND MICROCONTROLLER VOLTAGES SAM

u want to interface the keyboard directly to the controller? or do u want to send the key pressed through the PC to the controller?

oister

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

oister said:
hi,
am new to microcontroller.i have been assigned a project of calculator.i am stuck on one thing that when i have to give input through keyboard to microcontroller my pc voltages and 8051 microcontroller voltages are not same.so what device i must use in between them to make my pc and microntroller voltages same.do i have to use voltage converter.please elaborate.thank u.

Please ask a good question and you've got a good answer. How the heck you want the reader knows what are exactly your voltage levels? Every problem may have a particular solution. Ask yours again.

yup i have to interface microcontroller through keyboard and i am using parallel port for it and thank u amol.

if u are using parallel port u can interface it directly to the controller as i suppose you will be using 5v controller. If you are using serial port then you will have to use MAX 232 IC.

amol_shah is correct...the parallel port connection has 1 VCC of 5V and Multiple ground. The source voltage of the controller must same to the source voltage of the PC and must be have common connection....

oister

u can use a buffer in between parallel port and your controller for protection of the port, because sometimes when working with parallel port u tend to damage your port by little short circuit or over current to the port.

oister

thanks to all n i have donate pts to all of u.:D thank u

to interface with computer
you have 2 possible voltage interface 12V(as serial or RS232) and 5v(as parallel Port )

for 12volt use MAx232
for 5 volt you don't need anything to change voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.