Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make oscilloscope with laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
sir is it possible to make oscilloscope by using my computer or laptop in home ? how its possible ? please explain what to do

sir is there any possibility of hazard to sound card ?

Any PC works on 5v logic voltage. So you have to make sure the input amplitude should not cross 5v. If you are working on circuit with high voltage, use a high value resistors of 1K to 1M ohm, as required. A high value potentiometer can help you to adjust the amplitude.

sir incase of laptop i ve only a mic-in jack so may i proceed with that only ?

Yes. Mic-in is only needed... Make sure you have the audio drivers installed in your PC and it detects the mic port.
They have mentioned in their site to use 1 volt as input. Please go through these FAQ...
http://www.zelscope.com/faq.html

Picoscope is another option. However, as bandwidth requirements rise, price does too and as far as I know the delta with 'discrete' scopes becomes smaller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back