Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make NMOS transistor more rectangular in layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Large NMOS

Hi.

Is there any way to make NMOS transistor (l=200u w=5u) more rectangular in layout?

Re: Large NMOS

You can make it fingered and adjust finger width to give the desired aspect ratio

Cyrk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Pardon me, What do you mean by fingered? You mean like the high frequency BJTs?

Large NMOS

You can use serpentine channel.

As shown in the figure. If you are sure L>>W, use a rectangle poly and a serpentine diff.

Example:
U can take 40 fingers. And arrange them in two rows of twenty each. More than two rows increases parasitics.

Large NMOS

fingered means breaking down the width of the transistor and then connecting them in parallel

Is there any analysis on performance such as parasitic capacitors, parasitic resistance, effect of mismatch and etc....on Large L & Small W.....e.g.W/L=2/400? Any materials, books or papers about this topic? Any comments are highly welcomed...

Sorry for diverting guys, The question asked is L=200 but you are all saying to finger it. Fingering the length is not possible right, If the width is 200u then you can go for the fingering. I think the question itself is wrong.

Large NMOS

what is the process that the L of nmos can be 200u ?

I think the question woruld be for W=200 and L=5 ,if L=200,then even Moore would have not thought of a law. Because it all started around L=10 to 15 um.Today in 65 nm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back