Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make color detection using matlab or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadarsh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone i ned to detect color using matlab or in any other way as i m doing a project which will be having a hardware which will change color according to the surrounding color soo i need to detect color of the environment and then interface it with my microcontroller hardware
plzzzzzz do help me on color detection and also on the interfacing of this output to my hardare

To determine color of an object, you need to determine the intensity of reflected light from it at different wavelengths. There are various ways to do that. One is to use color filters in front of your detector(s). Another is to use detectors with different spectral responses. Note well, all detectors have specific response curves. They do not give the same respnse at every wavelength. That curve should be in the datasheet for them. You could also use gratings, prisms, and so forth. The first two methods mentioned are quite similar.

Assume you use the filters. Then, you need to compensate for brightness -- i.e., maybe the change in intensity with a particular filter is not due to a different color, but rather a change in total intensity. Intensity can be corrected with a "white" reading using no filter or by using ratios. Isosbestic points can be useful for that too. You need to define what range of colors you need to distinguish. You may not need to use more than two filters.

John

edit: This may be a useful link: Isosbestic point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back