Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make bomb detectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: bomb detectors

C4 is a plastic explosive made with RDX. RDX is one of the easiest explosives to detect because it has a high quadrupole resonance frequency (see fig 6 in the link I gave above). If you want to make your own detector it is actually fairly easy if you know a little electronics. The simplest circuit is the regenerative oscillator. Get it oscillating at about 5 MHz and on the edge of complete quench put your RDX (C4) near the oscillator coil and see the signal "dip".

I knew it!! :D

Sorry, but my idea's...although sound in theory are rarely shared by someone else. I still don't know why we haven't seen UWB EM spectrometers...not just IR (for organic compounds) or RF etc...to detect the elements, bonds, compounds, complex structure.. you would have thought with all the computer power we have at our disposal nowdays....the CPU could work out exactly what an object is from all the different absorbtions. (anyone got a 'star-trek' tri-corder? :D)

C4 is just one type of explosive. Depends on the enviroment we're using it in....are we searching for 'commercial' devices aka: premade stuff (if they are common??) or dirty homemade stuff? Maybe we should look for less specific 'traits'. That said, its a damn good idea Quibbler.

BuriedCode

(not saying I thought of this first Quibbler....its just nice to know that there are some possible commercial devices, that use the same priciple as my weird idea's...ergo..I'm right)

You cannot make a detector for all kind of bombs. If you tell me what kind of bomb you want to find, I'll tell you haw you can built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back