Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make AT89C2051 hex file work on AT89S52?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed saleh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
I downloaded a ".hex" file for AT89C2051

will it run correctly if I burn it to AT89s52

they are both 8051 family

please help me

and if I should modify the program what should I modify

Re: Atmel 8051 help

The major difference between 52 and 2051 is in their physical size: 52 is 40-pinner, 2051 is 20-pinner ..
Translating from 51/52 to 2051 shouldn't be difficult under the condition that both share the same hardware ..
Try to use disassembler to convert the HEX file to ASM then analize the code and make required changes i.e. assign pins used in the 52 version to those available in the 2051 hardware ..

Regards,
IanP

2051 is a 20 pin microcontroller and 8052 is a 40 pin controller. there is no much difference in programming te basic differencewic ave to check is hardware . if ur hardwareis correct ten the same pogram used fo at89c2051is work for 8052 . u can check it and plz try.

Basically what you need to do is:

1. disassemble the code into asm format.

2. Use the right include file for the 89S52 and re-assemble with no errors.

3. The 2051 will not be using any pins that are not present on the 89S52.

why not post the hex file, someone may help you out. The 2051 is small therefore there can't be that much code to disassemble. If you post the code make sure you give a detailed explanation of what it does, it may save someone a great deal of time.

u should write ur IO Port with names using define directive, then make an IO mapping to any Port according to your hardware

Atmel 8051 help

here is the hex file

Added after 3 minutes:

**broken link removed**

and the schematic

**broken link removed**

thanks

and if I should modify the program what should I modify

I checked your code and no modification is needed to work with the 89S52. Make sure it is wired correctly to the appropriate pins like on the schematic.

Atmel 8051 help

thanks ctownsend

i am mohamed saleh

please help me if u can

i dont know whether it is written in c ar assembly

can you disassemble it and give me the source code

you said that you have look at this source code which mean you have already disassembled it

please send the source code to me

mail : eng.saleh@msn.com

thanks

Atmel 8051 help

please help me if u can

i dont know whether it is written in c ar assembly

can you disassemble it and give me the source code

you said that you have look at this source code which mean you have already disassembled it

please send the source code to me

mail : zohery_hassan@yahoo.com

pls check the PIN --- "EA" ,IT must be connect to +5V

wel Mr Saleh you can use use your hex file, written for 2051,on 89c/s 51 or higher,
but keep u cant do this practice vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back