Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make antenna model in ADS:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna1288

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:cry:
hello everybody ....... im new to this software ADS...im usin ads 2008.... could anyone help me out in making an antenna model in ADS whose data is transferred in HFSS ..... urgently needed ..... ive attached pic from a paper......

thanks in advance......

Hey!

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am having the same problem now: I designed an antenna at HFSS, but I do not know how to build a two port block at ADS based on the s11 parameters from HFSS....

Thanks!

U need to use a 2 Port Block and give the parameters to it thru a Database block..!! It accepts s2p touch stone files and some other formats..!! Please check thru this..!!

Hello! Thanks for answering!

I thought about this, but from HFSS I can get only the s11 parameters. How I can make a two port block out of only s11 parameter data?

Thanks again!

to krishna1288,

Hi

Why do you want to export a S file in HFSS ?. HFSS is a graphic simulator that use finites elements, i mean that you have to draw a 3D antenna or other system then attach feed and bondaries conditions finaly simulate to obtain post data. With ADS you obtain after the shematic and simulation the S parameter or voltage and current. Generally it's the opposite you use HFSS to simulate your microwave system and after incorporate the post data in an ADS simulation.

Bye

Yes! Exactly!

I simulated the antenna at the HFSS and I would like to incorporate its electrical characteristics (s11) in ADS to simulate the entire system. The problem is that I do not know how to create a two port block in ADS based on the s11 parameter from HFSS.

Perhaps you could send me the an example from ADS in which you made a two port block based on your simulated data from HFSS, like your picture shown in your first post.

Thanks!

Hi anvc,

In ADS it's very simple. Select the "Data Item" Palette then choose the S1P component (this component has two port : one for the reference voltage the other for your active port). Place it on you shematic and double click on it. After browse for the S1P touchtone file you have export from HFSS. That's all.

Good simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back