Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make analogous antenna in 2.5D simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pir0texnik

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3D model to 2.5D

Hello All!

How make analogous antenna in 2.5D simulator (Ans Designerd, Sonnet, AWR, Zeland etc)? I can not understand how to simulate a lumped element connected between port and strip.
Help please!.. I'll appreciate for any example file. Thank you!

Re: 3D model to 2.5D

Hi, pir0texnik:

On IE3D, you can define ports on the structures to replace lumped elements there. Then, you can add one or multiple black boxes representing structures (FILE->ADD GEOMETRY MODULES) into MODUA (bundled circuit simulator for IE3D). You can add one or multiple s-parameter files (FILE->ADD PARAMETER MODULES) into the schematic. You can also connect lunmped elements such as R, L and C to the geometry and parameter modules together and do a mixed EM and circuit simulation on your design consisting structures and lumped elements. You are able to find the radiation patterns of the complete design. Regards.

Thank you!! I'll try what you said.
How much it will correspond with this 3D model ?..

Hi, pirOtexnik:

Please send me the illustration of your structure. I could not open your file and see what your structure looks like. Regards.

jian said:
Hi, pirOtexnik:
Please send me the illustration of your structure. I could not open your file and see what your structure looks like. Regards.
Ок, here is the image.
Blue is metal, yellow rectangle is lumped element, red is lumped port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back