Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make an FM jammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbag3man117

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make an FM jammer so I can play whatever music I want through my school bus radio. (It's legal where I live :3)

Can someone help me with this? I'd like to make one that could fit into a small altoids can, with the functionality of one in this video. I need it to be able to take input from a 3.5mm headphone jack, an antenna, and have an adjustable FM frequency.

I have a basic knowledge of electronics, (I know what capacitors and resistors and circuit boards do, etc.), but not enough for something like this. I've found a circuit diagram **broken link removed**, but I do not know how to read it :p. If someone could explain to me what everything is, and how everything goes together, I would be thankful. In the diagram, it does not show how to hook up the headphone jack and antenna though, so if someone could tell me where to put those that would be great.

Really I just need an explanation of how to make this. I hope that building this will help me learn more about electronics, while still providing me with some fun lol. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Re: Making an FM jammer?

LA72910 it's a VIDEO FM modulator/demodulator, with 2MHz deviation, and cannot be used for standard broadcast FM modulation.

LA72910 it's a VIDEO FM modulator/demodulator, with 2MHz deviation, and cannot be used for standard broadcast FM modulation.

Yeah, I agree. That is for video, and even then the minimum quantity I can buy is 90 lol.

Really, I just need someone to tell me what all the symbols in the diagram mean.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

**UPDATE: I've figured out what a couple things are. The two lines with an arrow through them is a variable capacitor, the curly line is a coil of wire, and bunch of lines by "9V" is a battery lol.

Here Bugs & Cockroach. you can find a short description about simple FM transmitter.
Or you can use a cheap fm transmitter like that **broken link removed** and use your iPod as a source of music.
Output power of a such transmitter must be stronger than FM signal from a local broadcast station that is the main problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back