Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make an electronic firecracker (for wildlife repeller)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep_k_b

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,I am trying to design a circuit for wild animal repellent. I am planning to make a sound generator and when I search over the internet I could see the electronic firecrackers and I think this one is a suitable for my application.something like this https://www.deccanchronicle.com/141...ctronic-firecrackers-what-it-and-how-it-works

I have searched a lot to find out the circuit for an electronic firecracker but I could not find out any and at last I reached in a circuit circuit diagram but that one was using a loud speaker but I don't think this one is not the right one **broken link removed** and I am looking for a circuit that can generate sound by using a capacitor other than a speaker(using the same principle that is using in mosquito swatter bat)-charge the capacitor and short the terminal and then it will produce a sound.

But the problem is about how to short the capacitor terminals?can I use a relay for this? or could you please suggest another idea to generate a BANG sound that will help to avoid the animals from the field(I am not looking for an ultrasonic sound generator because I don't think this one will help to avoid different types of animals,I am looking for a loud audible sound generating device)

I am looking forward for your valuable suggestions

Thank you

I doubt that a real firecracker will repel a wild lion or tiger. It might repel a little squirrel.
The electronic firecracker video produces faint clicks or ticking sounds, completely unlike the loud BANGS and BOOMS produced by real firecrackers.

My city eliminated mosquitoes with larvacide in ponds and drains so I have never seen nor heard a mosquito swatter bat. I suspect it uses a very high voltage to ZAP the mosquito and its spark produces a click sound, not a BANG or BOOM.
But a real firecracker does not make a click sound. You cannot produce a high voltage spark by shorting a capacitor but if you charged a capacitor to a very high voltage then it can make a spark.

Thank you very much for your feedback.Then if you don't mind could you please suggest a method to generate a BANG or BOOM?.My ultimate aim is just to design a sound generating device that can repel the wild animals

Then if you don't mind could you please suggest a method to generate a BANG or BOOM? My ultimate aim is just to design a sound generating device that can repel the wild animals
The explosion of a firecracker causes its bang and boom sounds.

A half-decent quality, minimum of 4 inch diameter speaker in an enclosure designed for it to produce low frequencies can produce a good loud explosion sound.

Some people think that loud ultra-sonic frequencies repel animals and insects but it has not been proven.

Thank you,then speaker is the only option to produce the BANG sound...right?...Is the low frequency signal need to be in Hz range or in KHz range?

A BANG or explosion can be properly produced by a high excursion speaker that has a DC pulse or a low frequency as close to DC as is possible. A BOOM sound is a low frequency of from about 20Hz to 150Hz which also needs a speaker with a high excursion.
A few kHz is a whistle which will make a "click" or "squeak" sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.