Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a USB connection on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_76

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i'm a newbie in this field and i'm wondering if exist some way to control power flux of a USB connection: i mean i have
a USB device powered from the PC usb port, and i want to have the possibility to cut off the power to the device together with same button that shutdown other components, i don't know how this is called.:shock:

Thanks in advance.

usb is powered internally through 5v . u should refer to usb manual , add a switch in between usb port to on/off

found usefull press helped me button

Yes... Perhaps i was not so clear in asking for it.
What i mean is i already have a spst button with which i power cycle my instrument's electronics, so i'm wondering if exist some opto coupled device that basing on the same button can attach/detach usb power flow in the usb cable 8-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back