Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a timer with 4 7-segment LED display

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic18 ports registers

Hi,

Here is the code for HC595

Bye

cd4021 serial bus

SPI Interface Big 7-Seg LED using cascaded 74595 serial-in-parallel out shift registers.
**broken link removed**

pic ports

Hi Me! :)

The last link use the cascade tech. "Many output as you like using 3 pins only" as msmax said.

I will write another code to use this tech
I will use PIC12C508 (as you know it have a 6 I/O pins only) with 74HC595 shift register.

I will make a special function to display 16 output using 3 pins only and 2 74HC595.

Thanx and Bye

pic i2c expand

Hi!!!

I'm working too with a 74HC595 and a CD4021 and a HT9200A, all this devices are SPI and i want to control them.

i'm testing some code using the shift_left or _rigth, but when i do this i need call a timer each time and then write the next bit, shift_ command can write only one, but i'm thinking i must shift too the variable for the next bit i'm rigth?

Best regards.
Frank

micorchip expanding ports

The HC595 code for "non" pic users :)

Code:
void HC595_OUT(unsigned char send_data)
{
   unsigned char bit_mask;

for (bit_mask=1; bit_mask ;bit_mask <<=1)
   {
      // On an AVR you can set the bit directly and i'd use 
      // "data = (send_data & bit_mask);"

//Else use this if/else ....
      if((send_data & bit_mask))
        output_high(data);
      else
        output_low(data);

output_high(clock);
      delay_us(1);
      output_low(clock);
   }

output_high(latch);
   delay_us(1);
   output_low(latch);
}

Ohh and btw: A HC164 is cheap also i use them , if i doesnt need the latch function
Well i use HCT's most , they my drive leds or LCD's

/Bingo

io port expand pic

Hi I am new to PIC programming and would like to see some code using a Pic and 74HC595 in asm I have programed in C++ befor but would like to learn asm first.
Thanks

picports

hi:
i think that you can use ppi 8255 it is good for power applications

74hc595 and 4094 which is better

I have used 4 seven-segment using only 1 PIC..PIC16F84 have 8 pins for PORTB and 5 pins for PORTA therefore u can use portB for the 3 seven- segment in parallel and then control the COMMON with a traisistor as a switch in PORTA.well that my IDEA.. This is what they called STROBING.

GOOD LUCK!ü

Status
Not open for further replies.