Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a squarewave with dominant frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalli

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20500
Activity points
See the circuit below. I have a filter.
But after the filter I would like to make a square wave with dominant frequency which in circuit below is 60Hz.
Most likely dominant frequency is the highest one in range of spectrum filtered by my bandpass.

Square wave 1volts p-p etc. Just a square wave, Amplitude does not matter.
I have no clue. Can you help me. Thank you. Many thanks!
djalli.

Are you using SPICE?
I am not an analog engineer but I saw in SPICE you can define many kind of stimulus.
The squarewave surely can be made.
And if you are metion about the real system.
It's much easier to generator a squarewave, is it?

THe easiest way is to use a VPULSE stimulus (it is in SOURCEs library)
You must define its parameters as +V, -V, pulse width, the period, and rise and fall times.

Thats all ! Easy !

Bye
Bukitoo

THen, I don't get the idea.
Do you want to make a square wave from sinusoids ?

I think you can use a logic gate. Schmitt Trigger Buffer maybe.

Does not work as I did expect.

See figure I am attaching.
Must be some trick to make a square wave as output with highest dominant frequency.
In this case is 60, some other cases can ne 40hz or etc.

I dont know. Can this ever be done?

sorry.... i didn't thougth about the amplitude... actually i thougth that the 60 hz sinusoid was greater in amplitude than the others. the filter has a 60 hz central freq ?
you can use a more selective one.
In which application will you use this circuit ?

True Bukitoo amplitude of 60Hz dominant frequency it is greater in schematic I posted.
But what if my instructor in makes my dominant frequency in amplitude less than every signal in 40-80Hz range.

All what it is square wave to be no matter amplitude it is but to have frequency of highest signal present left by the filter.
Duty cycle of squarewave matters not same as amplitude of sqauarewave.

thank you all. I know it must be some trick behind it otherwise we do not have it as project.

Status
Not open for further replies.