Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a PIC-based PS/2 mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombAnniversaire

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am currently working on a project, well simply designing a new type of mouse. Do anyone have any example of project involving the sending of data to PC through PS2 port to move a cursor? Just that, PIC, PS/2 port, cursor moves. and of course all the button presses, but i think i can work my way around that after reading some articles.

Just that, a simple example of PIC sending data through PS/2 port to move cursor and detect button presses.

preferably 16F877A. Reason is, I do need some of the features, and a sizable amount of pins for my 'mouse', not to mention cost, availability, and ease in programming. Programming part preferrably in C, although I can look into Assembly to make sense of it all.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

As far as I remember, It should be an application note about implementation of a mouse with PIC microcontollers.

I recommend you visit microchip's web site and take a look at to the Application Notes.

Regards.

I have seen in the final year one group build the mouse for disable people. and they did use PIC16F877 microcontroller. Try to google it up the PIC applications u should able to find it out .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back