Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a PCB FCC and CE compliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

garvind25

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to make a PCB FCC and CE compliant? I am new to this concept of FCC and CE compliance. What tools (preferably free tools) are available to check the same? Is anyone aware of FCC and CE compliance workflow/ process of making a PCB FCC and CE compliant?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Arvind Gupta.

there are no free tools to test FCC compliance, That requires sophisticated (expensive)RF test instruments. CE compliance is a broader requirement; whereas FCC compliance only entails RF emission and susceptibility, CE has other requirements as well, e.g., safety. The target market also impacts the specific requirements.

I assume you are talking about a populated PCB, not just the bare board.

Compliance with EMI and safety regulations is required for complete devices brought on the market, not printed circuit assemblies.

What kind of devices are producing?

there are no free tools to test FCC compliance, That requires sophisticated (expensive)RF test instruments. CE compliance is a broader requirement; whereas FCC compliance only entails RF emission and susceptibility, CE has other requirements as well, e.g., safety. The target market also impacts the specific requirements.

I assume you are talking about a populated PCB, not just the bare board.
OK. Thanks for the response. Yes, I was talking about populated PCBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back