Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a PCB at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimer

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
anybody who knows how to make a pcb at home , whats the best software to do the layout (simple one not orcad)
regards

Re: home making pcb

protel is quite simple.
for better softwares check more products from cadence.
do you mean to make the PCB board or only design the Schematic so that a company will make the pcb for fabrication?

I think most hobbyist use Cadsoft Eagle. It's free download and would get you started in PCB making. I have used it in the past and it's quite good.

Some links to help you out:
**broken link removed**
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Homebrew_PCBs/

Nimer said:
hi
anybody who knows how to make a pcb at home , whats the best software to do the layout (simple one not orcad)
regards

Here my pictorial guide to doing it at home. Toner transfer method.
**broken link removed**

I would also suggest Eagle from cadsoft. I also started with eagle and you can even use it for complex boards.

Cheers J

Eagle seems to be good for beginner but if you really need simulations: signal integrity, thermal and etc, then some software like Altium would be better. Well, the more functions a tool has, the more complex it is to use :)

Well, i say you go with eagle.It is simple and easy to use.Its trial version is freely available with some limitation for board size, board size is not a problem for newbie.Its help file is a good tutorial to start learning it. I started using it a year ago and know i have a professional version bought for myself.
And the complex cad softwares are for professionals or highly experienced people where they need to do a lot of test and trial for very complex circuits. And about the simulations in those cad softwares, It can be far from the reality but may be good to do so before paying the costs for prototypes to check their working abilities.

You can also use UV method. It saves your time and messiness.. :)

Uv method has its own advantages,very reliable method,very neat results. But for beginner paper toner transfer can be easy and low cost, its good for low count tracks. But may not be good for very fine pcb tracks. As for myself with my experience i can do the finest tracks(eagle generated pcb,s) easily with toner transfer method.

If some one want to know i can share my experience with paper and toner transfer method. Further paper and toner transfer method is not a good idea for double sided pcb for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back