Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a multiplexer run at 12V and interface with 5V logic of the board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathisbr

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to speed up a multiplexer. The datasheet states about 80% increase in speed at voltages of 12V versus 5V, which the rest of the circuit operates. Can anyone suggest a way to get the multiplexer to run at 12V, and still interface with the 5V logic of the rest of the board?

Speed is the key here, so adding a logic level converter would bring it back down to 5V specs. The minimum for a high would be 7.1 volts. I need a way to ramp the 5V signal to 7.5 or so volts to interface with the 12V multiplexer, then take the 12V output and bring it back to 5V, all without affecting the speed of the circuit. I have a regulated 5V and 12V source in the circuit.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Added after 8 minutes:

I found another thread using the sn7000. This maybe the best solution with 5ns pd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back