Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a low jitter square with a very pure sine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZengLei

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a very pure 10MHZ sine wave~~~phase noise=130dbc@1khz

but i need 6 CHANNEL 10MHZ very low jitter clock~~~(SQUARE)

1: SINE WAVE--->High speed comparator(ex:LT1719)-->74AHC14--->SQUARE*6

2:SINE WAVE--->74AHC14--->SQUARE*6

SO My question is which way could get the less jitter square wave?is there any other way to get a very low jitter square wave from a very good sine wave?

thanks~

Maybe **broken link removed** will help. Comparator will add 15ps of jitter acording to data sheet.

ZengLei

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
See this thread , particularly the suggested user manual with circuits and peformance data.

ZengLei

ZengLei

Please also look into the application of Schmitt triggers to see if this is helpful. The good thing about Schmitt triggers is that they exhibit hysteresis, which prevents "bangbang" at the cross over points. The only thing to be cautious about is that Schmitt triggers have less strict relation between sine voltage cross over and output voltage cross over because of this hysteresis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back