Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a harmonic generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mido_h14

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

i wanna make a VCO working on 900 MHz by using another one working on 100 MHz beside a Harmonic Generators to get the 900 MHz, so my question is how to make a Harmonic Generator? and what considerations should i make in designing it ?

Thanks

Re: Harmonic generator

You need a 100MHz signal with very sharp edges to generate harmonics. This can be achieved by using step recovery diodes. **broken link removed**

Another way is to design a multiplier using varactor diodes. You then filter out the final wanted frequency. Look at www.agilent.com and search for frequency multipliers in the application notes. I remember seeing it there.

**broken link removed**

This is also good **broken link removed**

mido_h14

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Harmonic generator

Thanks Alot E-design;
But I still have a question : How to make the Harmonic Generator pratically(in circuits)? As i know the harmonic generator is Class-C Amplifier, how can i design it for my specifications?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.