Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a circuit with one exit using AD420 IC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkwaterman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Static rele

Hi !
I have the following problem:
I have an IC ( AD420 ) with 2 different exit , a current exit , usually 4-20 mA and a voltage exit, usually 0-5 V .
I want to do a circuit with only one exit , where I can select the exit type via software, but for do this I must connect the current and voltage exit to the same circuit exit. Is correct use a rele for connect the 2 IC exit to the circuit exit ?
If my solution is no good, could you suggest me another one?
Thanx.

Re: Static rele

Look at datasheet. Only one output can be selected at the time. Selection is done over enable pins of chip. But current output can be used as voltage output if you connect propper resistor from current output to ground.

Re: Static rele

Borber said:
Look at datasheet. Only one output can be selected at the time. Selection is done over enable pins of chip. But current output can be used as voltage output if you connect propper resistor from current output to ground.

It's true, but with this solution I can't set the exit type via software.
In fact if I understand what you say, I must put the resistance on the current exit, if I want a voltage exit, instead if I want a current exit the resistance is not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back