Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a Bluetooth webcam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rina_1220

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey there. i have a usb webcam and I'd like to adapt it in order to have it wireless. Does anyone know how to do it? Is it possible/worth doing?

bluetooth webcam nokia

if u have nokia series 60 phone that has a camera, u can use as bluetooth webcam.try use remote s60 pro.download it and install both on your pc and your phone.u can download it at www.s60world.com

gud luck :)

nokia webcam bluetooth

yeah. i have a 6111 nokia cell phone. But that was not what I meant. I want to turn my USB webcam into a wireless one...
thanks anyway

nokia bt webcam

are you thinking of wireless real time video transmission using Bluetooth

webcam bluetooth nokia

Basically I think that there are 2 problems
Firstly -> Not enough bandwidth (maybe)
let's assume the following.

BT Dongle with BT spec. 1.1 (no EDR BT)
Webcam resolution 640x480
Colour Depth : 32bits / pixel
Frame rate : 24 frames/second

thus (640)*(480)*(4)*(24) = 29.49 Mbit / second and the Bluetooth only provides max 738kbps (or 783kbps) either way the required data rate is not obtainable via bluetooth.

Secondly -> USB devices needs to connect to a usb host.
Most of the USB MCUs around will only act as a slave and thus cannot opperate as a host device. As such the USB webcam will not interface directly with the MCU although there are some work arounds (this is very difficult to do however)

Cheers
Slayer

rina_1220

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
bluetooth webcam for nokia

thank you all very much

nokia bluetooth cam

wireless USB can solve this problem, In theory, the max rate of WUSB is 480Mbps.

bt cam for n70

You can use your mobile phone as Bluetooth wireless webcam with help of Mobiola Web Camera application. Check it on Warelex site: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back