Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a 1 Hz clock circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gie_b_hsb

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please everybody, how to find or made clock circuit with 1 Hz frequency, please help me ....?:cry:

Re: Clock circuit

Please take a look at this circuit:

One option to generate 1Hz, or 1s clock, is to use 555 timer ..

If C=10µF and RA=RB=R here is the formula to calculate R:

T=0.693(RA+2RB)*C=2.079*R*C

R≈48.1kΩ, so use RA=RB=47kΩ and add 2-5kΩ trimmer to RA or RB to set 1s ..

Regards,
IanP

thank's for all, as soon as i try this schematic....?

sorry.... any have voltage regulator with CT transformer circuit......?i say again many thank's for your help.....?

Gie

oh! it's easy circuit you can search in google by keyword "ic 555" you will get the schematic of the 555 timer and the equation that you can get the values of resistors and capacitors or you can search about the toturial and simple program that calculate the valuse of R's and C's .
and another way but it's not efficient that buy crystal

you can use blink led also.
you can also use the supply freq for ref. with counter.

Clock circuit

Look for a discarded quarts clock. Most of the times their oscillator circuits are intact.
With a scope, even a with a multimeter, you could identify the point where there is a 1 Hz pulse.

thank's for all.
i think, i need any clock generator for my counter circuit which the IC i used are 6 HCC40110B from ST electronic with six 7 segment, so that the result are x.xx.xxx,the last three digits equal 1/1000 second. how to find clock generator for this circuit.....?
once again i said thank's a lot for you any kind......

rgds,

gie

Clock circuit

Does x.xx.xxx mean 9 minutes 59 seconds 999 milliseconds? If that's true, then you probably need a 1 kHz clock, and you probably want it to be more accurate and stable than a 555 circuit.

You could buy a crystal oscillator that is a convenient multiple of 1 kHz, and then divide it down to 1 kHz. For example, buy a 2.048 MHz oscillator and an 11-bit binary divider. Or maybe a 1.000 MHz oscillator and a three-stage decade divider.

it's true 9.59.999, do you mind to give pulse generator circuit, i tried a simple 555 circuit but this circuit not running well. in this topic have circuit using 4060 & 4017, is it match with my circuit..?

rgds,

gie

CRYSTAL-CONTROLLEDTIME-BASE GENERATOR with 4060 & 4017 (27654.pdf) generate 1 Khz clock, it is exacly what you need.

dear budhy and everybody to help me...

oke, i trying this circuit....

sorry budhy do you have personal email....?

thk's for all

rgds,

gie

Dear all,

How to change digits number 9.99.999 to 9.59.999....

Thks

rgds,

gie

buddy 555 is the best option available

I don't think the 555 is the best option for a clock, you need something more stable.

Re: Clock circuit_2

please everybody help me, i had build counter up/down using IC HCC40110B, and the circuit is running well, but if i push the stop button, the counter digit on 7-segment not stop fully, so that please help me to find this problem....

thanks...

regards,
Gie

try the post circuit diagram by IanP it will work. you can used the principle behind the 555 monostable timer.

regards to your project!^^
randell_xtian:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back