Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to lock Door by 4x4 Keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

teemo55

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to lock the doors with electromagnetic encrypted with 4x4 Keypad.
Using FPGA (VHDL), but I do not know how to make the board aware that the press would go.
-------- Password 4 digits.
Let me point out that I or anyone could have a preview.

* Thank you.

Hi,
If you are using EM keypad, you need the coding circuitry for that I think. But if you are going to implement it in FPGA you can use simple push button keys and connect them to a mux and AND gate Circuit. A 4:1 mux can be used for 4 digit code. AND gate is for detecting if any key is pressed or not. Select line of the mux should come from a controller which you have to design. Initially set select line to 0. Your first digit of the code should be connected to input 0, Second digit to input 1 and s on. After each key pressed select line should change its value. You can implement all in FPGA and you only have to connect key pad and lock driving motors as hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back