Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to locate the Parasitic extraction results through calibre PEX and RVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am doing parasitic extraction using Calibre PEX and observing the results in calibre RVE tool. Simulation runs smoothly and it generates a table of extracted parasitics. However, I am not able to find any option in RVE to tell the exact location of these parasitics on schemetic. Moreover, It does not generate the extracted view of layout. Also, the parasitics tab in schematic window does not have any options enabled to show the parasitics like "report parasitics", "show parasitics" etc.

Can somebody suggest what settings i should use.

Hi there

I haven't run into this, after extraction when I open RVE I can see the RC associated to each node being reported and I can click on them to see there location of the element in the layout. Perhaps you can attached a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Hi,

I am attaching the screenshot of RVE window after the PEX run. It is showing list of parasitics at different nets but i don't know the way how to locate these nets on schematic and layout. Previously, i used to work with Assure QRC for parasitc extraction. Assure QRC normally generates and extracted view of schematic, where u can probe in the schematic to find parasitics related to critical nets. I cannot find this option over here in PEX and RVE.

I got a similar window, did you try to double-click on the entries?
Untitled.png

Btw, you have a Calibre menu in Virtuoso and run it interactively with Virtuoso, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back