Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to load synthesizable vhdl code into virtex-II pro fpga board? Reply. Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiesweet12

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have made a synthesizable vhdl code in xlinx. Now, i am supposed to load it in fpga board. which all files do i need to create??? reply.I am in urgent need.

I suppose you are running ISE? Then it's quite straight forward. compile, and download.

If not, start downloading their web edition.

If you are not familiar with their tools, could you explain how you are sure your code is synthesizable?
Xilinx' ISE has some tutorial files to help you down the road.

Regards

For the download into a fabricated board, you need at least a file like *.ucf with pin assignment, of course together with the VHDL code file. Usually, ucf file is included in the documentation of the board if this is a kit bought from some vendor. If it is your own board, then you need to create the pin assignment for example using the User Constraints process in ISE. If you are not familiar with ISE, you can use some tutorial given in Xilinx www pages.
If you omit the pin assignment then ISE makes its own assignment but it surely will not agree with your signal-to-pin assignment and the board will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back