Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to link two com ports using software only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Share Com Port

I have a hardware serial to usb adapter which creates a virtual com port. I would like to be able to link two com ports, for example com1 and com10 (virtual) using software only. The purpose is to allow two pieces of software simultaneously access the same hardware connected to the virtual com port. Another method that would work is if I could share one com port among two applications. I know there are a few software packages doing this, however I would prefer something simple and free. A manual configuration in winxp of sharing a com port or liking com ports would work just as well.

Re: Share Com Port

In windows two handles cannot be opened to a Serial port.

So your best option is to create two virtual COM ports for different pipes and move the data from one end to other.

You could used virtual COM port sample drivers provided by microsoft for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back