Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to link a Siemens system which is using TCP/IP to the SCADA system using MODBUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmaran

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am incharge of the project to replace telemechanique PLC system with that Siemenn S400 system. The problem i face is the link to the SCADA software. Previous telemechanique system is linked to the SCADA Ssoftware using MODBUS (i guess). The Siemens system is using TCP/IP. I don't know how to link this Siemens system which is using TCP/IP to the SCADA system using MODBUS.
What arrange i can make?. Is it possible?
Please help
Thanks a lot in advance

tentang scada

In PLC S400, you can use some MODBUS module to connect to SCADA software, But now all the SCADA software support alot of protocol (Modbus, Profibus, and also TCP/IP).

free scada to read modbus registers

Thanks. But I need some detailed steps to connect a MODBUS running SCADA to Siemens PLC. Is there any configurations that we must do? or just connect? pls help

saya plc software

A SCADA system is connected to the PLC using "tags" that are basically memory location found in the PLC and are cyclic read/write. The MODBUS or TCP/IP are only protocols to do this read/write access. The interfaces could be serial (rs485, RS232), ethernet, wireless etc. This memory location contains varibles that could be digital input/output, analog variables, flags, alarms, strings, recipes etc. The main problem is not what interface/protocol you use (rs485/rs 232/modbus tcp/ip or modbus/profibus/tcp/ip). The problem is that the PLC software have to match the existing tags already declared on the SCADA software. That means that you need to know the address location of the tags in the SCADA runtime and you have to design the PLC software using the same address. Not very likely to happen.
The solution is to rebuild the SCADA runtime based on the new tags that you declared on the Siemens PLC. But this suppose that you have the sources and design software for your existing SCADA.

modbus+plc

You need to have S7 400 driver in your SCADA, choose it instead of MODBUS driver, and remap old MODBUS like adresses with new S7 ones for all your tags. Some SCADA vendors provide free drivers, some charge them. If direct communication driver for S7 400 doesn't exist in your SCADA, then you can use OPC client driver (which every SCADA has) and install SIMATIC NET with proper licence for S7400 ethernet (SIMATIC NET is an OPC server for all S7 series).

how to connect a scada system to a plc

Marie65 and Avra have hit the nail on the head.

The easiest is to export your tag database from your scada, modify in say excel to match your Seimens tags and re import, replacing existing tags with updated. Then redefine your IO Device driver from Telemech to Seimens. Then recompile and restart.

Be aware that some scada's have an issue if their database is in a different format as excel sometimes adds unwanted information. For example Citect has an excel addin to make sure that M$ doesn't stuff up the tag database.

I've used this method to remap over 3000 tags when I replaced an old modbus PLC with a new ModbusTCP/IP PLC.

tugas akhir scada

saya sedang mengerjakan tentang tugas akhir yang temanya tentang scada?
tapi masih bingung harus mulai dari mana,software yang dipakai yang mana?
tolong dong kasih tahu mana software yang sekiranya mudah dan sekaligus tutorialnya,makasih?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back