Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to link a ADC to PC serial port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kseng2002

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serial port adc

Hi, regarding to the problem i faced, i have no idea at all how to interface a ADC to the PC serial port ... Anyone can give some idea to me ? Thank you ~ ! ! ! ! :cry:

adc to pc

Please give more details: What is the speed of your ADC?, or what is your ADC number.

I think a good way is use a microcontroller with ADC incorporated (like PIC16F877A or PIC16F628A), the you can use the UART from the uC to communicate with your PC, and also can buffer many samples before sending it to PC.

serial adc

texas have one chip that is one codec ( ad/da ) with one usb port everything in one chip.

adc serial port

Actually I want use an ADC (TLC549 , TI compny) to monitor an input voltage and ultimately represent this voltage as a function of time on a computer monitor. May anyone give me some technique how to interface to a PC for the ADC ? Thx ~!

connect adc to pc

i think u'll need some kinda IC to send the signals, or a driver as an interface to the pc..

adc+port serial

Use pic MCU and read data AtoD then send via rs232(UART).
Use Delphi or VB read data AtoD show on computer

vb serial adc interface

I think u can use parallal port also..
use C programing ... r u taking sampled data to PC ???
write delay function o generate 1Mha clcok and put a counter so that it can count no of clock pulses.... put counter value max( according to max conversion time) and enable and disable CS signal also..... give all this tru control pins of parallal port... and take data thry data pins of parallal port..... this port is easy to interface.

adc interface pc

do u ever use labview?..
i see someone that use labview to connect PC by serial port in my school.
you maybe try this software,by the way,i suggest u to use MCU to
connect ADC's IC, It is more convenient!!..

tlc549 pc interfacing

Hi,

Use a AY1013 UART to shift the parallel into serial, then into/out of the serial port....

interfacing vb serial adc

You can direct interface the PC serial port to ADC.
you need to know VB ,MSCOMM

MSComm1.RTSEnable = True=1 'Data line
MSComm1.RTSEnable = False=0

if
MSComm1.CTSHolding = True =1 'ADC output connect to CTS line
then it is 1

MSComm1.DTREnable = False 'Clock low
MSComm1.DTREnable = True 'CLOCK HIGH
MSComm1.DTREnable = False 'CLOCK LOW
MSComm1.Output = Chr(0) 'TX pulse=latch

how to connect adc to pc

If the ADC has a Parallel interface then its better to use the parallel port and you can easily read the samples from the parallel port using the functions:
outportb and inportb in Turbo C++ or _outp and _inp in Visual C++

tlc 549 seriel vb.net

yes its possible to interface directly RS232 to serial ADC, if you know how to direct command RS232 lines (with special dll or MSCOM control for example)
then you only have to match the timings of your serial ADC
dont forget to make level adapter with resistor and 4.6V zener from RS232 to ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back