Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to let HSPICE plot all the terminal currents of a MOSFET if

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean415

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if this mosfet is in subckt form.

I tried .probe I(*) but it didn't work!
You just don't see mosfet terminal current no matter how.

By the awy, I am using AvanWaves to plot waveforms.

thanks a lot

Re: a stupid question: how to let HSPICE plot all the terminal currents of a MOSFET i

Try .probe i1(m1) for drain curent, i2(m1) for gate current and so on.

Re: a stupid question: how to let HSPICE plot all the terminal currents of a MOSFET i

If your mosfet is inside an instance, you will have to give the correct path for it.
For example: .probe I(XI0/m1*), where XI0 is the instance.

If your mosfet is inside an instance, you will have to give the correct path for it.
For example: .probe I(XI0/m1*), where XI0 is the instance.

I am trying to do something similar in cadence using Hspice as the simulator. In my case the mosfet itself is defined as a subcircuit i.e instead of having a mosfet defined as MPM1 in netlist it is defined as XPM1. Then how can the device pin currents be measured?

The error seen is:
Element xpm1 in print, plot, probe or measure statements is invalid. Output is ignored.

The same thing when done with spectre as the simulator works fine and plots the device pin currents. In its netlist the devices are not defined as XPM instead simply as PM.
The model file description for both contain the device definition as subckt..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back