Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to learn pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureshmagix

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
learn pic programming

can any one please tell me how to learn pic programming step by step covering all its features.. i am using PIC16F877A

how to learn pic pprogramming

Go thru the data sheet first, Just understand what all peripherals u have in der, how u want to use
FOr that u can get adequate help from MIcrochip.com
Then u decide howu gonna program it. I mean which language, C , Basic or Assembly.
Then u can get appropriate code templates nd examples from resp compiler sites.
like Hitech C or PicBasic pro.

thank u ... ashishkel

i know these basic things.. i am using PIC C compiler.. i want to do my programme with C.. so can u help me in tat way... i

Then u stragiht away download the user guide of Hitech C Pic C compiler.
Der some examples are der on accessing the periphals.
And The user guide itself gives u the steps of each opeartion . no? step by step. So once u learn to use c to access the appropriate registers thts or set the appropriate config bits, that wil do the job
HitechIDE has a builtin IDE too.u can use it to verify the design.
MPLAB doesnt have any simuilator no. as u might be knowin.

thanks for the reply ashishkel...

Added after 1 minutes:

hi can u tell me about CCS C compiler .. because i am used to it... and i have done some very basic programmes with it..

anybody,

is there any free ccs c compiler available? even if limited? i check their site and they don't have any lite or free download edition. I'm newbie in c and wants to know which would be the ideal compiler. any help is appreciated. thanx.

u can use Hi-tech pic compiler its also good.
u need to buy an ICD. which will be useful for Debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back