Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to know the physical connection of the transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexan_sim

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to connect the transformer? How to know which side is the primary winding and which side is secondary winding? How to identify the type of the transformer?

I have one small transformer which has six pin terminal, but i do not how to connect it. Also, it has no part number for me to search for the data sheet.

Your reply is highly appreciated. Thank You.

Primary and secondary windings are chosen by you for what you need to use your transformer (increase or decrease voltage).

You have to test it; put a certain voltage on one end and record the voltages on the other ends. Then calculate the increase/decrease ratio.

it seems like it has four pins for input and two pins for output. The output voltage is approximately 700 AC.

The input is supplied by two 1.5Vdc batteries only and connected to one transistor.

Do you know how to create an alternating current for the input so that the output of the transformer can work?

you can check with multimeter 2k Ohms range.

check first 2 pins side if it saw aprox. 1500 ohms. then it is primary

and other side saw aprox 00 or very lal ohms. then it is secondary.

check it transformer pin direct only. not through any transistor or diod or resistore conected in series.

wbr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back