Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to know the mismatch of W and L of a transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transistor mismatch avt

From the document of the foundry I can only know the mismatch of Vt, Vsat, Id. No figure points out the mismatch of the effectivive W and L. How can I know it?

mismatch,sigma,transistor -delta

use noise equation such as A/(w*L) to estimate offset vltage, whih A is dependent on your process.

rambus_ddr said:
use noise equation such as A/(w*L) to estimate offset vltage, whih A is dependent on your process.
Thank you for your reply. I am still confused with your noise equation. Can you give me a simple example?

You should have the parameters Avt (I forgot the exact name) in your datasheets to caluclate the % mismatches (in sigma) as sigma = Avt/sqrt(W*L). Try to seek it out.

carpa said:
From the document of the foundry I can only know the mismatch of Vt, Vsat, Id. No figure points out the mismatch of the effectivive W and L. How can I know it?

If you draw transistor in different orientation, you will have mismatch w and W

sorry, terryssw said is right.
carpa said:
rambus_ddr said:
Thank you for your reply. I am still confused with your noise equation. Can you give me a simple example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back