Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to know IR LED of remote is damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_field

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
howto to test ir leds

i have digital satellite reciever remote

i want procedure to know ir led is good or not by analog meter

electronics_field said:

i have digital satellite reciever remote

i want procedure to know ir led is good or not by analog meter
Check resistance, in one direction it will have low resistance and high resistance in opposite direction

Very simple.

Remove the LED from the remote and measure with an voltmeter if you can get any low (+/- 1V) out of the LED when you shine with a light on the LED. If you do not get anything reverse the polarity of your measurement and do it again. If still nothing your LED is broken.

Paul.

if you have a digital camera just try to take a picture of the led while pressing some button
dig cameras catch the wave

The radio receiver can detect if your remote work on FM around 100MHz..you should hear the code when you press the remote control and bring him close to radio receiver...if you dont-maybe is cristal (455 orsimillar) broken..replace it...

yes you can check it on a radio as it was mentioned ...

just have a look at the LED with your CCD camera in your mobilephone, this is sure while you're pressing any key, you must see the LED bright if it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back