Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to invoke drc & lvs on virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

avg_emp

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
calibre virtuoso

hi all!!
Plz help out to invoke drc & lvs on VIRTUOSO Back end tool.
THANX!!

run calibre virtuoso lvs

Hello

drc and lvs depend if you use assura or calibre??

rsf include assura

as far as i know, there exsits one skill file should be loaded into virtuso to invoke calibre drc/lvs which named "calibre.skl", this file can be found under the path you put calibre tools.
maybe same to diva/assura, i have not knowledge about the later.
may help to you.
BR

how do i invoke virtuoso

On the virutoso Layout screen, selec " IBM_PDK---> Checking--->Assura--->DRC"

virtuoso calibre

Hi

Take a look at the virtuoso layout screen. u would find Assura/ Calibre tool on the top. Now, these tools are used to run DRC / LVS.
Open the DRC window either through Calibre/ Assura. Type in the right path in the extract.rul, compare.rul, .rsf include fields. U can get this info from the pdk.
Once that is done, click ok and this would run DRC for the layout.
In case of LVS, again type in the right path for LVS rules file and run LVS.

I hope that helps.

Regards
Brittoo

If u will use Calibre, there's a couple of ways, either to invoke it from command line, or will add a line in your .cdsinit file that loads calibre.skl or calibre.il (skill file) to be shown as a pull-down menu in your Virtuoso Layout Editor VLE.

Hope that helps,
Regards,
Ahmad,

Not the matter of how to onvoke. You have to read the document to know several steps to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back