Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to interpolate the sin signal to many square-wave signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

djw1981

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I get a sine signal from a sine encoder,but I don't konw how to convrte the sine signals into many square-wave signals.please help me,thanks alot!

I get a sine signal from a sine encoder,but I don't konw how to convrte the sine signals into many square-wave signals.please help me,thanks alot!

What do you mean by many square wave signal? You can search for comparator based circuit to convert sin into square wave.

Umesh.

Your question is a little ambiguous.
If you reffer to the fact that a square signal is an infinite sum of sine signals, then decomp your square signal in Fourier Series and pick the fundamental and maybe 1st harmonic.

Based on comparator,I can get a full square-wave with a full sine wave.It is easy with a chip named MAX998. I want to get more square waves.for example,30,50 etc.Do you have an idea? thanks!

what does it mena,erikl?thanks alot!

what does it mena,erikl?thanks alot!

This was just fun, sorry! Actually I do not understand what you want. Phase-shifted square-waves? Or other frequencies? Could you explain further?

for example ,a full sine wave can convert 8 square waves.I want to get more square waves.

From the 2 square waves generated from the sin & cos sine waves you can generate 4 different square waves by appropriate logic combinations. If you need more, first frequency-multiply the 2 square waves by 2, 4, 8, ..., then generate the required phase shifted square waves again by appropriate logic combinations. Or start from a corresponding higher frequency, then divide by 2, 4, 8, ..., and use appropriate logic combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.