Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface flash and LCD without using level converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MSP and 5V

Hi all

I want to interface MSP430F149 with a 5V flash memory (AMD29F010) and a graphic LCD. boths supply is 5V . How can I interface this flash and LCD without using a level converter.

thanks for your future response

MSP430F149 interfcae with 5V

U can connect 5volts device with MSP 430F149 with pullup resistor, I have integrated 5v 20*4 LCD and GPS receiver to MSP430F148

ARE TOU SHURE???

I did A DESIGN not LONG AGO using a MSP430F1101
and ANOTHER with MSP430F413 and yes my LCD was also 5v

I burned both chips when i tried tu pull'em up at 5V..

I couldn't programme them any more ...
once i designed just using 3v no more problems

the data sheet specifies a VOH por the Output ports MAX = VCC
and the VCC MAX = 3.6 .. some place i read that they will withstand 4.1 Volt .. and to get a BETTER contrast in my LCD (5 volt) i had supplied the chip with 3,9 v ..and no damage ... There is an APP NOTE on how to
interface those chips to 5V.. But they don't mention 5v pull ups ..

don't do it

Re: ARE TOU SHURE???

some 24Cxx flash memories accept 2,2v up to 5,5v supply. Try use that

Re: MSP and 5V

I think the use of Dual Supply Translators is the best choice for Your design. Check in:
**broken link removed**

and see what device is best for Your design requeriments!

Gorkin

MSP and 5V

Level translators are available from various semiconductor manufacturer which will convert 3.3V to 5volt and vice versa.Also u can use any CMOS buffer with supply 5Volt that will solve u r problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back