Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface & communicate between Programming in PC with the circuit of system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saathis

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to interface & communicate between Programming in PC with the circuit of system?

Hi i have big doubt due to connection between the circuit and the programming in PC. I'm doing speech door access system which user need speech their password in microphone then after the verification process, the password should carry to the circuit to continue door open process. That y here im asking about the connection between system in PC and circuit through parallel port. Any one can help me? :?

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

programming in VB o matlab...nt conform yt

Re: How to interface & communicate between Programming in PC with the circuit of syst

wow..i dont think parallel port is reliable..it an old technology..better use serial communication..

Re: How to interface & communicate between Programming in PC with the circuit of syst

k if serial communication means how can build it which make connection between PC and the circuit?

if you use uC..you need the max232 ic before you connect the RX and TX from pc to RX and TX to microC..this what i mean..

parallel port will also work fine in this kind of project and it will b more fast then serial port
u can use the parallel port of ur home or office pc to work with ur ckt
the signals from parallel port will b given to ur ckt and it will work accordingly

rather than running cables between your door system and the PC why don't your use Wifi? all modern latops have Wifi, desktop Wifi interfaces are cheap and many people have Wifi routers in their homes already. If your door system has a serial port you could connect it directly to a serial to Wifi device such as the Lantronix Matchport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back