Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface card to PC and read data using C/C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjit123

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Interfaceing card to PC

Please can any one suggest how can I go about interfacing card to PC and reading data programmatically using C/C++.

Re: Interfaceing card to PC

Can´t say anything about programming on PC and never will (o;

1. What "card" are you referring to?
2. What you have to transfer between "card" and PC? Low or high-bandwidth transfer?

Mostly interfacing is done through parallel/serial port...USB is also quite common these days since there are already fixed chipsets available for easy USB/rs232 USB/IDE integration...

But you should tell more about your intentions now (and in the future when asking ;o)

As I am newbie to PC inerfacing concept I actually looking any tutorials or guide line to learn more on the PC interfacing.

It would we help ful you guys provide me with some link.

This might be something for you with some examples:

**broken link removed**

...and the classic:

**broken link removed**

Covering not only LPT but also USB and RS232 and windows drivers...

Interfaceing card to PC

hii.
u should study diff bus structures so u know how pc buses function as we know all pc cards r attached to one of these buses. u should see ISA,EISA, PCI buses structure.
i have designed few interfacing cards for old ISA and EISA buses if u need i can send u some program listing and hardware design for them.but will take some time to arange all the info for u.

best of luck

seaspac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back