Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface atmega32 with zigbee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiumid

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to transfer some data through zigbee to avr atmega32.
Anyone has any idea how should I do it?

Do I need a wireless modem(router) for this purpose?

- - - Updated - - -

Let me express my question more general; I want to interface with an avr (in a short distance) through wireless connection, what choices do I have?

Zigbee is your choice. If Zigbee module has TTL pins for Rx and Tx then cross connect it to uCs Tx and Rx pins provided Zigbee's and uCs work at the same voltage. At PC side if you have Zigbee on a USB board then plug it into PC and send/receive data from RealTerm or similar software.

Reactions: Hiumid

Hiumid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
can two zigbee modules transceive data without need to connect them to pc?
for example i want to transfer data from a zigbee module( like a remote controller) to another zigbee module embedded in a dvd player to turn it off.

OK. this is exactly what i want! thank you.
now, Can u help me how should i configure it?

- - - Updated - - -

OK. this is exactly what i want! thank you.
now, Can u help me how should i configure it?

Thank you very much "tpetar". It was much helpful. at the detailed example page(https://ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html) i found that the transmitter zigbee is connected to PC. In my project, I want two independent zigbee module(without connecting to PC) transferring data.
Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 100

I use for same task the Enocean's **broken link removed** series modules w. Atmega8. You get 2way communication channel, simple Rxd/Txd connection w. Atmel, few external parts for RF module. At a time, max. 32 byte transmit/frame. It have point-to-point protocol, no need any configuration, routing, etc.

Thank you very much "tpetar". It was much helpful. at the detailed example page(https://ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html) i found that the transmitter zigbee is connected to PC. In my project, I want two independent zigbee module(without connecting to PC) transferring data.
View attachment 90834

Yes you can use ZigBee between two or more devices (uC).

Visit this address:

TI's ZigBee solutions
https://www.ti.com/lsds/ti/analog/zigbee.page?DCMP=hpa_rf_general&HQS=NotApplicable+OT+zigbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back