Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface 8051 microcontroller to another 8051 using serial communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

judpraise

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone, I am new in this forum. I am working on how to transfer data through RF using serial communication. I bought Rf module (KYL500s). it is a transceiver. I first of all tested serial communication between two 8051. it can only work when I connect the ground together. Pls, how do I make it work without connecting the GND together? Also, is there any way I can ensure that my data is not affected by noise? Thank you

when you use two 8051 controllers TX1==>RX2 and ground of both controllers must be connected together then only you can transfer the data,if you want transfer data over long distance using wire you have to use constant current(attenuation of cable increase if distance increases) or if you want to transmit wireless over a short distance you can use IR TX & RX

Thanks Yogece. You mean when using RF or IR, one does not need to connect the GND together as when one is making a physical connection using cable? I will try that. Has anyone used KYL500s transceivers? I learnt it needs to be configured before it can be used. I need the assembly code for the serial communication using RF. Any help?

i have interfaced 433MHZ RF TX modules directly with the microcontroller to transmit the data serially(Just send the data by using UART of 8051) if the distance between the TX and RX increased when the baud rate is higher,then RX would show junk characters and if the baud rate reduced without any junk character we can receive the data.
any way you send the datasheet KYL500s

i have interfaced 433MHZ RF TX modules directly with the microcontroller to transmit the data serially(Just send the data by using UART of 8051) if the distance between the TX and RX increased when the baud rate is higher,then RX would show junk characters and if the baud rate reduced without any junk character we can receive the data.
any way you send the datasheet KYL500s

Thanks Yogece. But my problem is with the rf module (KYL500s). I learnt it has to be configured with the company's software for desired baud rate and channels. i dont really know how to do this. i have the software but there is no manual as to how to go about it - the type of cable required and other things. let me try to upload the data sheet for you. Or you can see it at **broken link removed**

Attachments

• KYL-500S Smart Module.pdf
    233.2 KB · Views: 131

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back