Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to integrate C++ applications in PLI with nc-verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix_24

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ncverilog pli

Hi

Please help in elobrating the details in how to integration C++ application in PLI using nc -verilog . i have tried all the steps mentioned for the purpose but i am getting elobration errors

Regards
NIX

nc verilog pli

Hi,
2 quick suggestions:

1. What's the exact error? Did you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly?
2. Try calling your CDN support - I believe that will be your best bet.

(And if you found a solution from CDN on that, would you be kind enough to educate us here?)

Regards
Ajeetha
www.noveldv.com

ncverilog loadpli

Hi ajeetha

i did both of the tasks u mentioned .

to elobrate more i had my usercode .cc file in cpp . To do the linking C++ linking u had to set certain envs in ur make file . i did !!

then a shared library ".so" is created after compilation is done with gcc . this library is where i am getting error in elobration phase stating that unable to load the library ..

i contacted CDN even they r screwed up with they say it should work acc . to what they had written in the docs .

that 's why i seeking help from somebdy who exactly has tried this with nc-sim an can share that with me in detail

regards
NIX

nc-verilog pli

We need more details!! Viz. what version of nc_sim ur using, on what platform. Can you
upload ur c++ application and run scripts here??

loadpli

Hi

i am working on unix 32 bit , and uploading an tarbol for a very generic example . U can see the errors in the log file,in Makfile there is some desc about liking with C++ apps plz see if i had missed any part of it

Regards
NIX

ncverilog pli

If you compile you c++ program succese, i think may be the ld_library path set not right. You can try the command : ncverilog +loadpli1.0=<arg>. And you must link all pli to this pli , or some task will not work.

Added after 6 minutes:

We have link ncverilog pli , debussy pli , some other eda soft pli and ourself pli to a single pli file, and use +loadpli to use it, it will run success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back